Selling A Car To CarMax: You must have come across CarMax while looking for a used car dealership. If you are not fully aware of CarMax, it is a great platform that can let you sell or buy a used car. The process of selling a car can sometimes be time-consuming as the buyer asks owners to bring their car to their personal mechanic for the inspection.
Also, price negotiations can also be a big challenge to many sellers. Therefore, the process may take sometimes a week or even a month to sell your car on your own. However, if you keep up with all the challenges and try to sell it on CarMax, you may definitely find the right buyer who will buy your car eventually. You will also make a great deal out of it by getting a good amount of money without any negotiation.
If you are also interested to know more about CarMax and its process through which you can sell your car via their website, then here you are going to get your answers completely. Read the following article to know everything about CarMax.
Table Of Contents
What Are The Benefits of Selling a Car to CarMax?
CarMax is considered to be one of the best-used vehicle retailers in America for many reasons. If you are confused about whether to sell or buy your car on this platform, then read these below-listed benefits of CarMax which will help you out to make the decision. The benefits of Selling a car to CarMax are as follows:
- CarMax is currently located in more than 225 locations across the United States, but you can also get a car by visiting their website.
- As mentioned above, CarMax has over entirely online car retailers due to which you can easily final a test drive schedule at a vehicle’s CarMax location.
- Usually, the vehicles you will find there are five years old or even newer than that, but mostly you can easily find three-year-old off-lease vehicles on their platform.
- One of the best things about CarMax is that it also offers a 7-day return policy to its customers. In addition that, their customers can also get a 90 day or 4,000-mile limited warranty period on all vehicle purchases from CarMax.
- As coronavirus has affected a lot of things across the world, CarMax has also taken this thing into consideration by providing a contract-free alternative to their customers. The clients get their car right to their door and they can also pick their car from the nearest location.
- All of the vehicles at CarMax are fixed priced and can’t be negotiated. Therefore, it becomes the best platform for the sellers.
What Is the Process of Selling a Car to CarMax?
If this is your first time to Trade in a vehicle at CarMax, then our below-listed instructions can help you out with its process. The Process of Selling a Car to CarMax involves only three major steps, and these are as follows:
Step 1: Do the Proper Research
Before you start anything further, one thing you must know is that research is very important. You can’t start the process of selling your car to CarMax without doing any research. If you are not aware, there are some beneficial tools that can estimate the trade-in value of your car. Some of these tools are Kelley Blue Book (KBB), Edmunds, iSeeCars Price my Car Tool, and more. You can choose any tool as per your preference. Once you use these tools, you can do good research on your car’s trade-in price, this will let you know about the actual value of your car in the market.
Step 2: Bring Your Vehicle to CarMax Location for an Appraisal
For selling your car, CarMax needs you to bring your vehicle to their location in order to get an appraisal. For this, you have to schedule your appointment with CarMax and then on that pre-planned date & time, bring your car to their nearest location. You will be asked to clean your vehicle in advance. So, make sure to clean it by yourself or by any professional and try to remove all the stains carefully.
Once you reach CarMax with your car, the professional team will have a detailed look at it and this may take around 30 minutes. After inspection, the appraisal team is going to provide you with a written offer that will be good for seven days. This offer will be non-negotiable and in this time period, you can also visit other stores to check for better replacement offers.
Step 3: Accept the Offer
After market research, if you decide to go with CarMax for handling your car sale then all you left with is the necessary paperwork. For the customers buying a car via CarMax, their trade-in can be applied to their down payment. You must have below listed things while selling your car:
- Your car keys also include extras if you have any.
- Vehicle title or payoff information
- Valid registration (current)
- Your Driver’s license
- Valid state-issued photo IDs
Note: If you have more than what your car actually worth then you have to bring in your Vehicle payoff information.
Will I Get the Best Offer From CarMax?
CarMax is one of the best platforms when it comes to selling your car on a very convenient and guaranteed offer. Well, looking around and searching for a great offer might land you on a good proposal from a private dealer, but if you are looking for a fast and secure way to sell your vehicle, then CarMax would be the best choice for you. CarMax also handles all of your paperwork as well as the registration process.
Overall, CarMax offers the best for both parties whether it’s a buyer or seller. As an online used car dealer, CarMax helps in removing the need of visiting the dealership and lets you test drive at a nearby CarMax Location, according to your preference. Even though you have to visit their physical location for an appraisal, but as we mentioned above there are more than 225 locations in the U.S. so you can choose your nearby CarMax spot.