Install PlayOn Addon On Kodi: There are some of the third-party add-ons that you can use to improve your Kodi experience. The add-ons are basically designed by independent developers who have nothing to do with the XBMC Foundation but can be used to enhance your experience on Kodi and PlayOn Kodi Addon is also one of these.
If you want to know more about How to Install PlayOn Kodi Addon, then you are in the right place. Read the following article completely in order to get a clear picture of Installing PlayOn Kodi Addon. Today, with the help of this article we are going to share the method, login process and so on about How to Install PlayOn Kodi Addon, so without wasting any time let’s get started….
Table Of Contents
What is Kodi?
Kodi is a free software media player. Similar to other media players, it can also be used to play video or audio files stored on your device. Kodi, on the other hand, can also run apps called “addons” that allow you to stream video from the Internet. It let you access all kinds of content, which mainly comprises of videos and music. This software application has been developed by the XBMC Foundation, a non-profit technology consortium.
It is a free and open-source media player software application where you can run the content on any device of your preference, comprising your TV, laptop, phone, tablet as well as others. You can also run Kodi on your Raspberry Pi. It is accessible for various operating systems as well as hardware platforms, with a software 10-foot user interface for use with televisions as well as remote controls.
How To Install and Setup The PlayOn Kodi Addon
For installing the PlayOn addon, you first need to have a subscription to PlayOn. It is also free for 7 days with this link and then $30/year after that. As soon as you’ve subscribed, follow these steps in order to install it:
- At first, you have to login and go to the URL in order to download the PlayOn software: https://www.playon.tv/getplayon
- After that run the file as well as click the box saying you agree to the terms and conditions
- Now simply click on install. It might take some minutes for the software to finish installing so you have to wait for a while.
- Click on the launch button. The PlayOn software will load
- From the main menu of PlayOn, click on the gear icon in the lower-left corner of the screen. It is going to take a few seconds for the settings menu to load
- Now click on the “channels” tab
- For every service that you have a subscription to, you have to enter your login details into the box provided. If you don’t remember your login correctly, you can click the test in order to get PlayOn to test it for you. A lot of the services also have links to free trials if you don’t yet have a subscription
- When you’re done entering login details, then click OK.
- This concludes the non-Kodi part of the installation as well as the setup. Now, you can close the PlayOn software if you prefer
- From the Main Menu of Kodi, then click on addons
- Now click on the download
- Select the video addons
- After that Scroll down the list and select PlayOn Browser
- Now click on install
- When the addon concludes installing, select PlayOn Browser again. A list of channels is going to appear
- Now simply scroll down to a channel that you earlier setup with the help of the PlayOn software. Click the channel in order to open the main menu for that channel.
- Select whatsoever video you want to watch. It will start playing.
- That’s It…. You are All Done with installing and setting up the PlayOn Kodi addon to watch movies and shows.
Why a VPN Should Always Be Used With Kodi?
People often think of virtual private networks (VPNs) exclusively as a way to hide illegal activities, comprising streaming video from unlicensed sources. On the other hand, there are very good reasons why all people who stream video should use a VPN, irrespective of the legal status of the content they are watching.
The laws vary in every country. As with many types of technology, it then completely depends on what you are viewing through Kodi Addons such as PlayOn. There are public domain Movies as well as TV Shows that may be accessed through PlayOn, so in cases like these, you would never be in violation.
There are also several movies as well as television shows that have copyrights that are accessible on PlayOn and on the other hand in many countries, this would be copyright breach.
This thing everyone should take note that using illegal Kodi Addons are quite dangerous without a VPN. This is the major issue these days as most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system in order to get access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, as well as much more for FREE, rather than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it and most importantly it is safe to use. So, it’s very important to use an encrypted VPN as using Kodi as well as other free streaming apps, in order to hide your identity, location, as well as online activities.
Nowadays, it is becoming more and more important to protect yourself online. But, you don’t have to worry as this can be easily done with the help of a VPN that stops your internet provider from being able to see what you are gaining access to online. It also eliminates any blocks that have been put in place by your internet provider. In addition to that, they are also great for using when you are using public unsecured Wi-Fi.
In this article, we have discussed many things about How to Install PlayOn Kodi Addon. Hopefully, this information will be beneficial for you. I hope this article has helped you to know more about How to Install PlayOn Kodi Addon. Let us know in the comments section how the experience with PlayOn Kodi Addon goes for you.