York University International Student Scholarship: Being one of the most popular and reputed institutions in Canada, York University gives a golden opportunity to international students by welcoming them from more than 100 countries. The university offers its students more than 200 undergraduate and graduate programs to pursue their studies. In addition to that, international students are recognized for a range of UG and PG programs through York University scholarships.
One must take note that the scholarships offered by York University differ for domestic and international students. There are only a few entrance scholarships that can be applied for all. However, the new academic year (2022) is all set to begin and York University is offering around 100 scholarships to international students to pursue their studies in Canada. The applicants with an excellent academic profile, or excellency in the arts/ sport, and who can prove their leadership quality through community service will be eligible to get scholarships and awards.
If you are interested to know about these scholarships program in detail, then you are on the right platform. In this article, you will get crucial information about York University International Student Scholarship 2022.
Table Of Contents
York University International Student Scholarship 2022 Requirements
There are some requirements that needed to be fulfilled by the applicants for Scholarships and Awards qualifications. You can check out the eligibility criteria down below:
- The applicants must be international students and have a Study Permit to pursue their studies in Canada.
- The excellent academic record of an applicant with a minimum “A” average or equivalent, will be highly preferred by the university for the scholarship.
- You must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York University that is scheduled to begin in Fall 2022.
- The applicant should have a 9-digit York reference number, which you are going to get within five business days after you have applied for admission to York University.
- You should have directly applied to the university from high school, and it must be not more than two years after your graduation. In addition to that, you should not have had any university or college studies previously.
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate their leadership through community service. Or else they can have excellency in the arts, sports, or other areas where they have proved their individual achievement.
York University International Student Scholarships
York University offers several Scholarships program for the international students at their university. If you have applied for an undergraduate degree program at the York University, then only you may be eligible for such scholarships which include:
- York Entrance Scholarships and Awards: This scholarship is awarded to incoming international students who are freshmen at the university. It doesn’t require an application, so the students joining the university will automatically get eligible for the award.
- International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction: This scholarship is valued at $35,000 per annum and it is awarded each year to the selected student. The students maintain good academic performance each year, and will also get an additional three years of full-time study.
- President’s International Scholarship of Excellence: This scholarship is valued at $45,000 per year and twenty of these scholarships are awarded every year. It can also be extended, making a total of $180,000 for over four years if that student upholds an excellent academic standing every year.
- International Circle of Scholars Scholarship: Every year, one of these scholarships are rewarded to the selected student. This scholarship is valued at $15,000 for the first year of study of a student.
- York University Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students: Each year, five to ten of these scholarship programs are offered to the selected applicants, and it is valued at $5,000 to $10,000 for the 1st year of study of a student.
- Global Leader of Tomorrow Award for International Students: Two of these scholarships are granted every year and are valued at $20,000 annually. Good performance can lead to extending the scholarship for three more years of full-time undergraduate study.
How to Apply?
If you are interested to apply for the York University International Scholarships 2022, then you need to complete an online application and submit it before the deadline. Applicants will also be asked to upload one letter of recommendation along with providing the complete details required during the application procedure.
About York University
York University is a renowned public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The university was established in 1959 and is also popularly known as YorkU and YU. It is considered to be the fourth-largest university in Canada, having around 55,700 students, 7,000 faculty and staff, and more than 325,000 alumni across the world. The university was established by the York University Act as a non-denominational institution. The university conducted its first class in September 1960 in Falconer Hall on the University of Toronto campus where a total of 76 students attended the lecture. Later in 1965, York University opened a second campus i.e., Keele Campus, in North York, within the neighborhood community York University Heights.
Talking the programs offered by York University, it has more than 120 undergraduate programs along with a total of 17 types of degrees. These degrees include BA, iBA, BHS, BSc, BCom, BEd, BDEM, iBSc, BBA, iBBA, BEng, BES, BPA, BHRM, BScN, BFA, BDes, and BSW. In addition to that, the students are also offered more than 170-degree options. In addition, the university admits 30 international degrees that help the students to provide international language study and great opportunities to study abroad at over 100 international universities. The international students at York University represent more than 150 nations worldwide. Also, York University’s Film Department houses the oldest film school in Canada.
York University wants to encourage all the students (national and international) to explore their undergraduate and graduate programs designed by the university. To let their students avail of this facility and different study programs, they are offering York University Scholarships in the 2022 academic session. On the basis of the current status and study level of international students, the scholarship system may vary. In addition to this, students are also offered several external scholarships, grants as well as education loans. Overall, international students get limited but significant York University scholarships, whether they are incoming or continuing students.