US Visa Sponsorship: If you are looking for a USA Visa Sponsorship Program then you have landed on a perfect platform where you will get all the necessary information regarding the same. For those who are not aware, the American visa sponsorship program gives the opportunity to international visitors to work, study, or live in the United States.
The economic development in the US has made it one of the powerful global forces. It is a place where you can fulfill your dream and achieve great success. Therefore, many people want to visit the country for living, working, or studying purposes.
In this article, we will be guiding you about the US Visa Sponsorship Program. So, if you are interested to know the necessary details about the American Visa Sponsorship Program, read the following information completely.
Table Of Contents
What Is US Visa Sponsorship?
US Residents, Citizens, or Temporary Workers Living in the United States of America can Invite their Parents, Relatives, or Friends to Visit USA. A Tourist VISA can be applied by Foreign Visitors at the USA consulate in Applicant’s Home Country. If the Purpose of Trip is not Temporary or something other than Tourism, Like Business, Study, or Work, there is the Separate VISA Category or qualifying criteria for each of these purposes.
What are the Benefits of US Visa Sponsorship?
If you got a USA Sponsorship Visa, you will get several benefits such as:
- You will not need any US Visa or ESTA anymore for entering the country.
- If you want, you can also hold prior citizenship.
- You can freely live in any American state without restrictions.
- You can later apply for U.S. citizenship after three or five years.
If you have got a USA employment sponsorship visa, then as an employee, you can:
- You will have free choice of employer, which means you are free to do any Jobs in the country.
- You won’t require a work permit visa for working in the USA.
- As compared to other non-Americans, there will be less strict work requirements as well.
If you get US Student visa sponsorship, then you will receive many educational benefits such as:
- Studying in the United States without getting a student visa.
- International students are also granted to work in the US with a work visa.
If you get an American sponsorship visa as a businessman, you are going to get many benefits such as:
- You can work in the United States without having a residency permit.
- You can get residence any time if you have invested $500,000 along with creating jobs with this investment amount.
- You will get entitlement to medical care.
Is Visa Sponsorship Letters Necessary?
There are several US visas, which can make it confusing for you to know about specific employment visas. Many employments offered in the United States will require visa sponsorship. Below we have discussed about the groups of nonimmigrant and immigrant US visas.
Nonimmigrant Visas Employment Sponsorship
The US nonimmigrant visas are basically allotted for temporary stays in the country. It is not the Green Card, so this will not provide any right to their holders for becoming US citizens. Here are its types:
- H-1B visa: For Specialty Jobs
- H-2A visa: For Low-skill, Temporary, or Seasonal Agricultural Jobs
- H-2B visa: For Temporary Non-Agricultural Labor
- L1 visas: For Intercompany transfers going to the US
- O-1A visa: For the people with extraordinary abilities in the fields like business, athletics, science, and education
- O-1B visa: For the people with extraordinary abilities in the fields like arts, television, and film industries
- O-2 visa: For the personnel assisting those with O-1A and O-1B visas.
Immigrant Visas Employment Sponsorships
This type is for immigrant visas or Green Cards, also there is a need for employment sponsorship as well. However, most of the visas in this group require an employment sponsorship.
- EB-1 Visa: For the researchers, professors, science, business, athletics, or education. Also includes the executive managers who have worked at a US company branch for at least 3 years.
- EB-2 Visa: For the professionals having advanced degrees and the people with extraordinary abilities in arts, sciences, or business.
- EB-3 Visa: For the skilled workers having more than 2 years of work experience, and professionals having higher education degrees. Also includes unskilled workers having less than 2 years of work experience (EW-3 Visa).
- EB-4 Visa: For the government, international organizations, or religious workers.
How to get a Sponsor Letter for US Visa?
For getting a Sponsorship Employment Visa, it is going to require you to have an offer which you will receive from a US employer. It is important for the US employer to send you a contract to sign, which is then going to be a part of your sponsorship documents.
However, in some nonimmigrant visas, the Department of Labor requires a Labor Certification as well. This is where the US employer verifies that they may perhaps not find an appropriate US employee, and that’s why they are going to hire a foreign one.
After this certification is complete, the employer has to submit the petition. The petition will include all the supporting documents, contracts, employee qualifications, and more. It will submit to USCIS.
For the nonimmigrant employment visa sponsorships, the employer has to submit Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker. However, for immigrant visas, the employer has to submit Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker.
All these petitions along with their instructions are going to be available on the USCIS website, and as soon as USCIS has all this, they will process the case. This process may take some time, maybe a few months or even a year until they get a response from USCIS.
An official letter or notice will be sent to the employer and the employee after USCIS makes a decision. If the petition is denied, it may be due to lack of documentation or the employee may not be qualified enough.
If the petition is approved by USCIS, the further steps will be stated allowing the employer and employee to get the actual visa. After this, the application process will start based on the type of visa they want. Now, the application process will be done at a US Embassy in the home country of the employee.
The United States has fulfilled many people’s dreams and has provided high economic development to its citizen. Being one of the powerful nations across the world, America has attracted many outsiders to their country to find a better job, for a great education, and to build new lives. However, if you want to work in America, it will involve a lot of legal stages and the US employment sponsorship is one of the important steps. We hope, we have cleared all your doubts regarding US employment visa sponsorship in this article. If you have any other queries regarding this program, feel free to ask us in the comment section.