US Green Card Lottery: The Diversity Visa Lottery or Green Card Lottery is a US Government-assigned program where Permanent Resident cards are offered to the people from “underrepresented countries.” The USA DV Lottery 2022 USA Green Card Lottery Application Form can only be used online. The official site of the Diversity Visa Lottery of USA is https://dvprogram.state.gov. From this online portal, people can get the application form. This U.S. Government program provides 55,000 lasting occupant cards each year to the qualifying countries. If you also want to know more about the US green card lottery 2022 application, then read the following information till the end.
USA DV Lottery 2022 USA Green Card Lottery
The annual Diversity Visa Lottery is also known by the term Green Card Lottery, which is a beneficial program set by the US government. This program helps in making 55,000 Permanent Resident cards accessible each year to people from “underrepresented countries.”
Such people from the underrepresented nations who have been less represented in employment as well as family-based preference groupings in the USA are eligible for the Green Card Lottery, however, they must meet the two basic requirements of its eligibility.
Moving on to this year in 2022, the Green Card Lottery Program is called DV-2024 and is now finally open to all the people across the world who will meet the eligibility requirements. The Program helps in making the Permanent Resident Cards accessible to the winners, which approve the winners along with their families to live, study as well as work in the United States as permanent residents.
Talking about the Green Card Lottery program, it is another US government program for getting a United States Permanent Resident Card or USA Green Card.
What are the important requirements while applying for USA DV Lottery 2022?
If you are applying for the USA DV Lottery 2022, there are some requirements that will be needed during the process. All the requirements are given below:
- Candidate’s name
- Applicant’s Date of birth
- Place of Birth as mentioned in the birth enlistment card
- Country (currently residing)
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Complete location
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Marital status
- Number of kids (under 21 years old)
- Spouse and Kids Information
How to apply for a Green Card in the Diversity Visa Lottery?
One must take note that the applications for the USA Green Card Lottery are only accepted through online. Earlier, paper applications were allowed to be accepted with the signatures and attached passport photos in the document.
However, the paper application process was declined in the year 2003, making an end to this system. Now, this process has been changed by the United States Government and all the interested applicants can only apply for the application online.
The officials have updated the online registration process and have made the procedure very fast, secure and consistent. It is now just a three-step registration process which will take around 15 minutes for every applicant.
USA Green Card Lottery Online Application Process:
- At first, you must check if your eligibility, which will confirm whether you qualify or not.
- Now, pay the administrative fee for their services
- You will get a registration number along with a password to your account
- After this, you have to log into your account for completing or changing your information online
- Now, you have to upload your photos and of any co-applicant
- The officials will crop and resize your photos in order to meet the requirements of the diversity visa lottery
- They are going to submit your application; make sure your application is complete and error-free.
- After this, you have to check online, whether you have won your Diversity Visa Green Card or not.
- The lucky winners are also going to be notified of their email address.
- Also, the winners will get advice on filing the formal visa application without paying any additional cost.
- After this, the winners will get the interview preparation advice, at no extra cost
- The officials can accept registration 365 days a year
- You can get free online help from the USA immigration experts
- You must apply online through USA official website.
USA DV Lottery 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Must be Native of a Qualifying Country
In order to qualify for the USA Diversity Visa Lottery, you have to be a foreign national who is not born in the USA. If you are born in a country with a low immigration rate to the United States, then you may qualify for USA Diversity Visa Lottery. Individuals who are born in such countries which have high US immigration are not a part of this immigration program.
There are some countries that are excluded from getting the DV-2022 Diversity Visa Lottery program this year and those nations are as follows:
- China (terrain as it were)
- South Korea
- El Salvador
- Joined Kingdom (with the exception of Northern Ireland)
- Dominican Republic
The applicant can qualify for USA Diversity Visa Lottery if he/she have finished their US High School education or any foreign equal of a US High School education.
For qualifying USA Diversity Visa Lottery, the applicant must have a working experience of a minimum of two years within the last five years. You can the official websites to know what are the qualifying jobs for the same.
All the DV2024 applicants must have to provide their passport number, country of issuance, as well as the expiration date for the principal entrants valid, and international travel passport (unexpired).
This year’s Green Card Lottery Program (2022) is termed as DV2024 and it is scheduled to be closed for taking any applications on November 8, 2022. So interested candidates must apply before this last date on the official site. The winners are going to be selected by the Kentucky Consular Center in Williamsburg and the applicants can check about their selection online between May 8, 2023, and April 30, 2024. At last, the winners can apply for the Green Card with their winning notifications and may enter the United States of America in the year 2024 as permanent residents.