Solve Call Sound Issue On iPhone 8/X/XR/XS: iPhone is the most premium device that one can own. However, a number of problems are being faced by the users of iPhone X/XR/XS and iPhone 8. Reportedly, the phone number of issues have erupted related to sound. Users are not being able to properly hear the sound of the person who has called. Similarly, there are problems related to the microphone as the call receivers are not being able to hear the voice of the iPhone users. The exact reason for the problem is not known but we have figured out a number of solutions which can be used for fixing this iPhone sound error.
Table Of Contents
Quick Tips for Fixing Call Issues
- Make sure do you hold the phone at the bottom and not at the top
- Go go to the settings and click on software updates and ensure that your device is running on the latest version of iOS. If not, consider updating the software instantly to fix the problem.
- If the sound problem still exists, consider removing any kind of cover that is there on the phone. The aware might be a problem.
- Blow air slowly into the microphone and speaker ports in order to clean them.
- Are LTE to data only
- Turn off the Bluetooth. This will ensure that the sound is not being outsourced to some Bluetooth device which is connected to the smartphone by default.
- Unpair Apple watches and checks if the sound quality improvement.
Symptoms of Call Sound issue on iPhone
The very first symptom of this problem is that the sound error occurs only while calling. The receiver of the call might not be able to hear your voice clearly. This indicates that there is a call sound issue on your iPhone. The confirmation of the problem comes if the sound error goes away if you turn on the speaker. It might be a problem with the microphone or some other part and it must be addressed.
However, many users accepted that the microphone is working fine with the other applications but not with calls. You must make sure the microphone of the device so that the device can be replaced in the warranty period. There are chances that the customer care will replace your device at no cost if the problem is reported within a few days of buying the iPhone. However, you must try out the tips to resolve the issue given below and then reach to any conclusions. The microphone is located beside the selfie camera.
Tips to Resolve the Call sound issue on iPhones
- The very first step is to remove any kind of accessory or cover which is applied on the outer portion of the device. This ensures that the microphone is not being restricted by any third party cover or screen guard.
- These problems exist mostly on the devices which are equipped with flip covers. These commercial restaurants the microphone at the red side which decrease is the quality of sound.
- Since the device is relatively new, there are fewer chances of having the Dirt inside the microphone. However, it is a good idea to ensure that the surface of the microphone is clean and dry.
- Apple releases new updates on the iPhones to ensure the quality of service. There are many issues which are addressed in each update. Hence, update in the iPhone to the latest version will ensure that there is no problem related to the software.
- You can update your device by going to the settings and checking for an update.
- Consider factory resetting your device is the problem doesn’t go away by following the steps given above. Make sure that you back up all the data.
Quick Tips to Fix iPhone Sound Not Working Issue
- Restarting your Device may help to Fix the Most of the iPhone Issues.
- The iPhone Volume may be set to its lowest level, Check and Adjust the Volume Setting to your preferred audible level. For this Go to Settings > Sounds > Ringer and Alerts and set the volume level.
- Check whether your iPhone is in Headphone Mode. Disable it if It is Just Stuck to the Headphone Mode or Refuses to Go Away then Turn Off and On your iPhone once. Unplug and Plug in the Headphone to the iPhone also works. You can have to clean the Headphone Jack to Remove any Dust in it.
- Check and Turn Off ‘Do Not Disturb” option. If it is Enable, Go to Setting and Toggle off ‘Do Not Disturb’ option.
- When Bluetooth Headset is Used for Calls or Music then it may be possible that there is a low volume. So Make Sure when you are making Call, Your iPhone is not Paired with another device and Bluetooth is off. For this Go to Settings > Turn off “Bluetooth”.
- Sometimes It is a bug which causes Sound Problem in iPhone. You just need to Update your iOS Device to the Latest Version. For Updating go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install the update available.
- After Updating your ios version to the latest, then also the Sound problem still arises then, ‘Reset All Settings’ on your iPhone. For this Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. After that Enter Apple passcode and the iPhone starts to reboot.
- You can Perform Factory Reset to solve this error, but it will Delete all data on your device including messages, contacts, chat history, photos, and videos, etc. So before doing this you need to take Back-Up on iTunes or iCloud.
- Uninstall any third-party app which is installed on your iPhone 8, 8 Plus or X.
- If all methods do not work to Resolve any sound issue in your iPhone 8, 8 Plus or X. then the problem may be with your Hardware, You just need to contact an authorized Apple service centre near you for fixing this issue.
The Wrapping Up
Having No Sound on iPhone 8/8 Plus/X during Calls are very frustrating. After all, you are unable to use the Basic functions of your Phone. There are various methods which may help to fix the iPhone sound not working issue.