Being a trendy, worldwide, online game platform, Roblox is very popular all around the world. So, while it’s easy to think of it as a single game, it’s really a platform. That means folks using Roblox make their own games for others to play. If we will describe it visually, then we can say that it quite similarly looks like an amalgamation of LEGO and Minecraft.
Many of the people are still confused about Roblox that is it a game or what, well yes it kind of a game, but not exactly. It is basically a game platform that supports user-created, multi-user games. On the other hand, Roblox refers to this as a “social platform for play.”
In Roblox, players can play games while seeing the other players as well as socially interacting with them in chat windows at the same time.
At the same time, users can also create groups or private servers for playing privately with friends, chat on forums, create blogs, as well as for even trading objects with additional users. Activity is more limited for the children who are under the age of 13.
Talking about the compatibility, Roblox is available on most of the platforms, comprising Windows, Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, as well as Xbox One. If you want you can also play Roblox on Chromebook. In addition to that, Roblox also even offers a line of toy figures for offline imaginative play.
If you are one of those who are searching to get more information on creating games on Roblox, then you must read the following article until the end. You are perfectly at the right place as today with the help of this article, we are going to provide you major details regarding creating games on Roblox. So, without wasting any time let’s get started….
Make A ROBLOX Game: Designing Your Own Games On Roblox
There are mainly three main components to Roblox and those are: the games, the catalog of virtual items for sale, and the last one is the design studio for making and uploading content you create.
The games in Roblox are basically user-created, which in other term means that all the users are also potential creators. Roblox lets anyone, even the players who are under the age of 13, to download Roblox Studio as well as to start designing games.
Roblox Studio, on the other hand, has built-in tutorials on how to set up games along with 3-D worlds for gameplay. The designing tool consists of very common default backdrops along with objects for getting you started.
That even does not mean that there is no learning curve. If in case you want to use Roblox Studio with a younger child, then we will surely suggest they are going to need a lot of support by having a parent sit with them along with working with them to plan as well as create.
At the same time, older children are also going to find a wealth of resources both within Roblox Studio as well as in the forums for helping them to develop their talents for game design.
Here’s How to Create Your First Game on Roblox Studio
If you are new to Roblox, then you should surely keep things simple at the beginning. If you are confused, then try Obby games as those are pretty easy and simple to create. Therefore, simply check out these steps for getting started with Obby game:
- To begin with, choose an Obby template and then load it.
- After you have loaded the templet, your screen is going to divide into three sections as well as the midsection will be your game environment where you can place the items for shaping your imagination.
- All you have to do now is to just click on objects from the toolbar section that has been located on the left side and then drag them to edit your playable world.
- Other than the developing structure, you can also make changes in the time, day as well as night. It all depends on you whether you want to shift to day time or night time.
- In addition to that, you can make these changes from the right section which is being called “Explorer”, you are going to get different options here and if you want, you can also put some light in the background by simply clicking on the “Lighting”.
- Lighting comes with several numbers and you have to set your anticipated time.
- Simply scroll down to the bottom and then get “TimeOfDay”.
- After that, get the 24-hour version of the time that you want to set.
- After you have set the timings, then jump to the Game Environment menu and then tap on the floating squares
- If in case you want to modify the colors of your game, then you have to simply edit them from the Colour option.
- In the end, simply create Red squares for making your game even more challenging. Red squares, on the other hand, are the hurdles that are going to come in your player’s way of increasing the difficulty.
Roblox studio is the start point from where you can start your step for creating your own game. Usually, Roblox uses a freemium model and therefore, it is totally free to make an account, but there are advantages as well as upgrades for spending money.
The virtual currency in Roblox is basically known as “Robux,” and if you want you can either pay real money for virtual Robux or else accumulate it gradually through gameplay. Robux is also a global virtual currency and does not follow a one-to-one exchange rate with US dollars. At the present date, 400 Robux costs $4.95.
With the help of this article, we have discussed many things about creating games on Roblox. Hopefully, this information will be beneficial for you. I hope this article has helped you to know more about creating games on Roblox. Let us know in the comments section how the experience with Roblox goes for you.