Ketogenic diet, also known as Keto Diet or low carb high fat (LCHF), is a type of food that is low in carbohydrates with high amount of fat and sufficient protein. It is primarily used to control epilepsy in children which is a type of neurological disorder caused due to infections or injuries on brain.
Here you will discover the Complete keto diet plan and supplement guide for absolute beginners completely free of cost. Plus you will also find its benefits and easy food list as a bonus in this article.
Table Of Contents
Benefits of Ketogenic Diet-
As people were keen to Paleolithic diet, a modern version of food eaten by ancient people, its interest is gradually decreasing and everyone, including celebrities and athletes around the world, are being attracted towards Keto Diet due to its huge weight loss and health benefits.
It increases endurance and energy levels and reduces sugar cravings for diabetes on our body by producing glucose and insulin. A recent study by JNeurosci reveals that Ketogenic diet also helps to improve eyesight. It may impressively protect vision in glaucoma patients.
This type of food produces ketones in our liver helping to burn fat effectively during intense exercise, fasting, alcoholism, starvation, etc. thus providing an alternative fuel to our body. It also normalizes hunger and contains 35 grams of net carbohydrates, 80% fat of daily calories and medium amount of protein.
Keto diet also improves our mental performance by controlling the amount of fatty acids and sugar in blood. Since it helps to lose weight, it is perfect for cholesterol controlling and blood pressure patients. It is also well known as a treatment to fight or reduce cancer.
You just read some of the cool benefits behind Kategonic diet, let’s move into the main section of this article without wasting any more time.
Complete Ketogenic Diet Plan and Supplement Guide-
Now different experts suggest various diet plans for in-taking LCHF food. We have researched on this topic and prepared the best full ketogenic diet plan that simple and perfect. Stop spending dollars to get such guides because we provide you all for free here.
Ketogenic Grocery List-
As a beginner, you need to find out the grocery items for Keto diet that will help you to do shopping. I have listed those products below:
- Meat: Turkey, Pork, beef, chicken, fish, hotdogs, duck, pepperoni, sausages, shellfish, ham, pastrami, beef jerky, ground beef
- Flour: Coconut, Almond, Psylium Husk
- Fruits: Berries, Avocado, Unsweetened coconut, lime, lemon
- Unsweetened Nut Butter: peanut butter, coconut butter, macadamia nut butter, almond butter
- Nuts & Seeds: Almond, Walnuts, Pecans, Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts
- Dairy products: sour cream, heavy cream, soft cheese, cottage cheese, mayo, hard cheese
- Veggies: Broccoli, cabbage, cucumber, garlic, pumpkin, tomatoes, spinach, okra, onion, radish, pepper, asparagus, cauliflower, mushrooms, lettuce
- Pantry: pickles, unsweetened chocolate, bone broth, beef broth, chicken broth, pork rinds, aminos, baking cocoa powder, low carb sald dessings
- Drinks: Broth/Bouillon, club soda, caffeinated or uncaffeinated tea and coffee, lemon and lime juice, unsweetened almond and hemp milk, beer (light), vodka, wine (red and white), champagne, bourbon, rum, gin, scotch, sherry (dry)
- Supplements: MCT oils and powders, exogenous ketones, collagen protein supplements (e.g. casein and whey), micronutrient (e.g. greens and veggie blend, berry and fruit blend, MCT powder, liver support and digestive enzymes), pre-workout supplements such as 7.7g BHB ketones, 5g MCTs, 2g Creatine, 2g BCAA (2:1:1), 500mg L-citrulline, 1.5g beta alanine, and 500mg caffeine.
You will need an expert health advisor or doctor advice before taking ketogenic diet if you fall under any of the following categories:
- A diabetes patient
- Breastfeeding mom
- Blood pressure patient
Ketogenic Meal Plan-
It is recommended that you prepare a meal plan based on your daily macros. Divide them into days or weeks according to your needs and plan how you will execute them. It is not really necessary to calculate calories while taking keto diet but if you do so, it will help you to discover your progress. Below is the list of ketogenic meal plan for first week.
Prepare breakfast using 2 large eggs, 2 bacon pieces, and olive oil in suitable ratio. Alternative, you can use 1 oz of sausage along with bell pepper and cheese. Also, you can make breakfast of spinach, omelet and mushroom as it is good source of protein and fats. In case if you don’t like any of these recipes, try preparing unsweetened yogurt mixed with sour-cream (full-fat), chia seeds, a few raspberries and walnuts.
Keto brunch spread is another recipe for breakfast. It can be easily prepared in 30 minutes. The ingredients are 24 asparagus spears, 4 large eggs and 12 slices of sugar free and pastured bacons. You can read instructions about preparing this diet here. Similarly, other dish include avocado breakfast bowl, low carb acai almond butter smoothie, keto bulletproof coffee, etc.
Bake salmon with broccoli in oven as contains high amount of fats and fiber but low carbs. Also, you can prepare salad of avocado, cheese, pumpkin seeds mixed with spices, nitrate free bacon, and grape tomatoes. Similarly, prepare grilled chicken with cheese cubes, hard boiled eggs, pickle slices, nitrate free ham, broccoli, almonds, ranch dressing and guacamole.
Also you can prepare Turkey sausage frittata for lunch. It requires ingredients such as 12 sausage of turkey, 12 eggs, 2 bell peppers, 1 tsp of both Himalayan salt and black pepper, 2 tsp of Kerry gold butter and 1 cup of lactose sour cream. Read more about preparing it here. This dish should be combined with 4 slices of bacon fried in 1 tablespoon butter and a cup of coffee or tea mixed with MCT powder.
Prepare dinner of grilled chicken served with yellow squash, eggplant and zucchini along with tomatoes and garlic sautéed in olive oil. Alternatively, you can serve 1 portbello bun cheeseburger with celeriac oven fries and homemade keto mayo rich in fat, protein, carbs and 539 calories.
I hope you find this guide about ketogenic the complete keto diet plan and supplement guide helpful. This helped you to prepare for meals and figure out ingredients with different recipes for breakfast, dinner and lunch in your first week. If you find this information useful, don’t forget to share it right now.