On this article, you’ll discover the meaning of Cloud Computing defined. Now, I should warn you: this is advanced technology information including lots of data and facts. Specifically, you’ll discover why it is worth using, its advantages, disadvantages, and a lot more Cloud computing for dummies.
You will receive all this information on one page. Just keep reading until the end of the article. So, are you ready? Let’s do this.
Table Of Contents
- 1 What Is Cloud Computing?
- 2 Cloud Computing Defined: Why It Is Worth Using?
- 3 Benefits And Advantages of Cloud Computing-
- 4 Disadvantages of Cloud Computing-
- 5 Types of Cloud Computing-
- 6 Top 10 Cloud Providers For 2020-
- 7 Cloud Computing Comparison of World’s Topmost 3 Companies-
- 8 Cloud Computing Video Information
- 9 Examples Of Cloud Computing
- 10 Bottom Lines
What Is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing in 2020 is more mature, Multi-cloud, and Likely to become more focussed on the verticle and sales ground war as the leading vendors battle for market share. Cloud-Computing is the web-based computing that allows businesses and individuals to consume computing resources including Virtual Machines, Databases, Processing, Memory, Services, Storage, Messaging, Events, and Pay-as-you-go. Cloud services often improve upon older ones.
Cloud Computing Defined: Why It Is Worth Using?
Meaning: Cloud Computing is a type of computer operation that relies on a remote computer that can be easily accessed through a Local Area Network (LAN) or internet to perform tasks. In simple words, cloud computing is a type of technology that makes use of shared resources to handle operations such as sharing information or software through a network.
There is no real cloud. It is just someone else’s computer that you use remotely.
The history of Cloud Computing begins way back in the 1960s when Remote Job Entry (RJE) was developing. However, the term was first introduced by then Google CEO Eric Schmidt and popularized by “Amazon.Com” in 2006 in the form of elastic compute cloud. Cloud storage is another similar term which is used when information is stored on the remote database online.
Benefits And Advantages of Cloud Computing-
Following are the main Advantages of Cloud Computing:
- It can save a huge amount of money involved in storage, power, energy, and expert manpower.
- The service provider has the ability to manage and maintain the administration of your business.
- A recent study shows, cloud computing can have a measurable impact on business. It improved the average time to market by 20.66%. Similarly, the average increase in company growth and process efficiency was increased by 19.63% and 18.80% respectively.
- It can provide the latest version of software and applications with their timely update needed to operate and grow a business.
- With cloud computing, you can access data from any location whenever you want as long as you have internet access. That also makes it easy for your co-workers and employees to get connected with the work.
Disadvantages of Cloud Computing-
- If you use a poor cloud server then you may face downtime problems due to technical issues.
- You cannot access your work without internet. Therefore, you will require a high-speed internet connection 24 hours a day.
- It is always a risk to store information on cloud servers because of hackers. Despite the best security efforts made by the service providers, there is always a possibility of your data being leaked.
- It is always difficult to switch service from one platform to another.
- .You don’t get access to the server shell and firmware management as a customer, which is one of those limitations in cloud computing.
Types of Cloud Computing-
It is classified into public, private, hybrid and community based on location. In general, the following are the different categories of Cloud Computing based on offering:
- Software as a Service (SaaS): it Is a Distribution Model that Delivers Software Application throughout the Internet. These Applications are often known as Web Services. Users can access SaaS Applications and Services from any Locations Using Any Device which has Internet Access. Google Docs & Spreadsheets is the Example of this type of Cloud Services.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): Supply a virtual server instance and storage as well as API that lets Users Migrate their WorkLoads to the Virtual Machine(VM). Users have an Allocated Storage capacity and can start, stop, access and configure the VM and storage as desired. Common Examples are Microsoft Office 365 for productivity and email services.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): Cloud providers host development tools on their Infrastructure. Users access all these Tools throughout the Internet using APIs. Gateway Softwares or Web Portals. this tye of Cloud Service is used for General Software Development. Some Common Examples are Salesforce’s Lightning Platform, AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Google App Engine.
Top 10 Cloud Providers For 2020-
This is a list of Top 10 most reliable Cloud Computing service providers and their features in brief in the year 2020:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): It supports Identity and Access Management (IAM), Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs), security groups and network ACLs, data encryption, AWS Cloud Trial, Direct Connect, and AWS Trusted Advisor. It also provides tools for building mobile apps such as the mobile hub, mobile SDK, secure authentication, storage, serverless cloud, etc. on AWS Mobile product.
- Microsoft Azure: Released on February 10, 2010, MS Azure provides more than 600 different features such as computational, storage and mobile services, data management, media and developer services, machine learning, content delivery network (CDN), etc.
- Google Cloud Platform: Released on October 6, 20011, GCP provides features such as API Platform and ecosystems (Maps, Apigee, API Monetization, Developer Portal, etc.), storage (cloud storage, SQL, BigTable, Spanner, persistent disk, etc.), cloud video intelligence, data studio, data perp, compute, cloud CDN, etc.
- IBM Cloud: IBM beats some other top companies in this list, not to mention their names. It provides the right tools to compute such as bare metal servers, cloud virtual servers, mass storage servers, etc. It also has network tools features such as CDN, network appliances, Domain Name Servers (DNS), Network Security, etc. Similarly, it also provides cloud storage and management, data management, security, analytics, AI, IoT Platform, developer tools, etc.
- Alibaba Cloud: Starting at just $4.50 USD per month at its lowest price, Alibaba cloud storage provides features such as flexible architecture (single node, dual machine hot standby and cluster), backup and recovery, multi-layer cybersecurity protection, deep kernel optimization, elastic scaling, and smart O&M. It is available on both Linux and Windows. Despite being the leading public cloud computing service provider in China as of 2017, Alibaba is successful in other countries such as Russia, US, Israel and Singapore.
- Salesforce.com: This cloud computing company is one of the best in business for 2020. It provides features such as opportunity tracking, marketing campaigns, file collaboration, email & calendar integration, analytics & forecasting.
- SAP Cloud Platform: Features of SAP cloud platform include database services such as in-memory database, data modelling, multitenant database, and multi-tier storage. It also provides analytics processing, app development, data access, administration and security. You will also be able to sign up for a free trial account if you want to try out its features. It has also partnered with Google and Amazon.
- Cloudify: It comes with TOSCA-Based Blueprint modelling, user-friendly graph editor, two-way editing, tenant management, etc.
- Green Cloud Technologies: It provides cloud solutions in the form of the channel-focused cloud service provider. They recently launched a data centre in Minneapolis in May 2018.
- Evolve IP: Last but not the least, evolve IP provides virtual private cloud, hosted exchange service, LAN management, DRaaS Suite, PCI Compliance, etc. They also have strong backup facilities.
Cloud Computing Comparison of World’s Topmost 3 Companies-
Compute, storage, database, analytics, networking, machine learning, and AI, mobile, developer tools, IoT, security, enterprise applications, blockchain.
Compute, storage, mobile, data management, messaging, media services, CDN, machine learning and AI, developer tools, security, blockchain, functions, IoT.
Compute, storage, databases, networking, big data, cloud AI, management tools, Identity and security, IoT, API platform
Cloud Computing Video Information
Examples Of Cloud Computing
here are a few examples of Cloud Computing:
Google Docs, Microsoft Office 365: users are able to access the Google Docs and Microsoft Office 365 over the Internet. using these cloud services users can be more productive and can easily access the presentation and spreadsheet stored in the cloud anytime and anywhere.
Email, Calendar, Skype, WhatsApp: all these take advantages of the cloud’s ability to provide the users with access to the data remotely so that they can access their personal data on any device when they need.
Zoom: Zoom is the cloud-based software platform for Audio and Video conferencing those record meetings and saves them to the Cloud and enable their users to access anywhere and anytime.
AWS Lambda: Lambda is basically built for Developers to run for Applications or Back-end services without having to manage servers.
I hope that you find this information about cloud computing services useful. With that, if you are willing to get cloud computing, which company will you choose? If you already have a cloud service, what are the features of it? Tell me in comments below.