Barclaycard is considered to be one of a multinational credit card as well as a payment services provider, along with a division of Barclays plc. Barclaycard had around ten million customers in the United Kingdom itself, as of 2010.
If you are looking out for such a platform then Barclaycard might possibly be the perfect choice for you. The key feature of this card is the deferred financing offer. Here, the users can get a certain amount of time in order to pay for purchases from Apple at no interest, along with giving more time for larger purchases.
But, at the same time, as this is a deferred financing offer, as compared to a true 0% introductory APR, it comes with some strings. On the other hand, if you make a late payment or fail to pay back the complete balance by the end of the term, you are going to be charged interest for the full length of the plan, going all the way back to the purchase date.
Today, with the help of this article, we are going to talk about Barclaycard so that you can get a clear picture of this payment service provider and can decide whether you want it or not. So without wasting any time let’s get started….
What Is Barclaycard?
It is one of the trusted service providers as Barclaycard is been providing its services since 1996, when it was first launched on 29 June 1966 as a charge card. But soon after the Bank of England’s agreement to the offering of revolving credit, it turns out to be the first credit card in the United Kingdom on 8 November 1967.
It has also enjoyed a monopoly of the credit card market in the United Kingdom, up until the introduction of the Access card in the year 1972 (October).
However, Barclaycard was also not the first payment card to be issued in the United Kingdom; Diners Club, as well as American Express, have also launched their charge cards in the years 1962 and 1963 respectively. Initially, Barclaycard was a BankAmericard licensee and turns into part of the Visa network on its formation in the year 1975.
Important Points to Remember
Here are the major points that you must have to remember and these points are as follows:
- You must use this card for the deferred interest financing at Apple for the duration of the first 30 days.
- The cardholder must divide your balance by the number of months in their financing term; that is how much you need to pay every month in order to finish paying off the balance on time
- In order to never miss a payment, set up the autopay
- You should not use this card for buying anything else! You just have to put it away in a safe spot
- In case if you make a late payment or fail to pay back the complete balance by the end of the term, you are then going to be charged interest for the complete length of the plan.
What are the Benefits of Barclaycard?
There are many benefits that one can easily enjoy it with Barclaycard, here is the list of all such benefits:
Deferred Financing Plans
The Barclaycard comes with a deferred financing offer, which gives you an opportunity to pay off purchases after a regular interval of time at no interest. There are many people who probably get this card for the reason that of this feature, with their main objective of taking some time to pay off a new computer or iPhone.
With this benefit, you will receive special financing for purchases that have been made from Apple within the first 30 days of opening the account. As soon as the first 30 days will pass, all the purchases are going to be given the standard APR of 15.99% – 28.74% Variable.
Also, the length of your deferred financing term is going to depend on how much you spend, such as:
- For Less than $499, you will get 6 months
- For $499 to less than $999, you will get 12 months
- For $999 and over, you will get 18 months
Here you can get the Price Protection, such as if you buy an eligible item and find it being advertised for less, you can then further be repaid or recompensed for the price difference.
All the eligible manufacturer’s warranties of three years or less and can be extended by up to one extra year.
Free FICO Credit Score
Being a cardholder you can also check one of your FICO credit scores for free on every occasion you’d like, on the basis of your TransUnion credit report. You are also going to see the major factors that are affecting your score, such as if your revolving credit utilization is too high.
In the meantime, there are many credit cards that offer a free credit score of some kind, even though it’s a bit more unusual to find on a retail store credit card. There are many different ways to get access to some of your FICO credit scores for free, no matter if you are having credit cards that offer that service or not.
Here you can get the Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, all the eligible rental cars are covered contrary to the damage as well as theft when you decline the rental agency’s own insurance.
You also get 24-hour assistance with lost and stolen card reporting and emergency card replacement along with some additional benefits such as cash advances and more.
Barclaycard Sign Up
If it’s the First time you are going to Access Barclaycard Website then you need to Register or Sign Up for Your Credit Card. It’s a Simple and Easy process and you will be guided by the details of the Registering page. You need to follow the Steps Mentioned here below:
- First, you need to visit the official website of the bank here.
- Now You need to choose the type of account and for that, you have to choose the Credit Card Option.
- Registration gets hold of some steps to do and you should complete all those steps to get signed in.
- You have to provide some details to let the bank identify you. The details include the date of birth, card number, security code of the card, current credit limit, and the card’s date of expiry.
- Next, to provide the details of you and your card, you need to set up a user id and password to access your online credit card account.
- For setting up the user id and password, you need to key in the username, password, confirm password, memorable word, confirm the memorable word, and remainder for the memorable word.
- Now, you have to provide your active email address for your account alerts. Make sure to enter the prompt and accurate email address. If you enter the wrong address, you would not receive any such intimations or notifications from the bank.
- Agree on the terms and conditions of the bank. If it is needed to be, you can go through the details entered by you once before clicking the register option.
- If you could find everything is right, click “Register” to sign up for your credit card account online.
If you are the existing user of the Barclaycard Online Banking Account then you need not Sign Up. you can directly Login into your Account. Here Below are some step by step guides you need to Follow:
- With no doubt, visiting the official website is mandatory, which you can do by clicking here.
- You need to key in your username and password. Make sure you enter the details right.
- You have to type your memorable word.
- After providing all these details, you need to click enter or login.
- If all the details provided by you are right, you can view your account details once you have clicked enter or login.
Overall, Barclaycard is one of the best payment services providers around the globe that you would ever come across. It offers you an amazing experience by offering a vast variety of services and benefits that everyone would love to have.
The Barclaycard Financing Visa is one of the few options for the users to earn rewards at the Apple store, as well as it may possibly be a good way to finance large Apple purchases.
In this article, we have discussed many things about Barclaycard including its benefits and points to take note of. Hopefully, this information will be beneficial for you.