Best DSLR Cameras: Most people must have thought of owning a DSLR Camera whether it’s for fun or else for professional use. DSLR has changed the whole definition of clicking pictures or shooting a video through new innovations and advanced features. Nowadays, the competition is very high and therefore there are only a few successful camera brands that offer high-quality and well-advanced DSLRs that can give you the ultimate experience.
Today, we going to recommend some of the best DSLR Cameras that are not only best for beginners but also for many enthusiasts and pros and also use quite efficiently. If you are also searching for the same then we will recommend you to read this article from its start to finish, in order to get the ultimate learning experience about DSLR.
10 Best DSLR Cameras For beginners, Enthusiasts & Pros
The Nikon D780 is perfectly designed for capturing stills as well as movies with its standard 24-megapixel resolution. This DSLR is made in such a way that it can shoot 12 frames per second in live view along with uncropped 4K video at 30 FPS. In addition to that you will also get some latest features in it from its previous lineup of products such as on-sensor phase-detection pixels. The company has tried to offer this newest highly featured and bold design in a reasonable price range so that even a beginner can get easy access to this model.
It offers many impressive features such as focus shifting mode (macro shots) along with the extended depth of field, and so many. Without a doubt, the Nikon D780 is offering you great continuous shooting. Its video capabilities are also very impressive, including uncropped 4K UHD in different modes. Additionally, you can also control the camera remotely with the help of Wi-Fi/Bluetooth or else by using the free Snapbridge app from Nikon. Under the affordable price range, this is the best DSLR camera not only for beginners or enthusiasts but also for pros. The Nikon D780 is a flexible and resourceful DSLR outshining its abilities in both photography and video applications.
- 24.5 Megapixel FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
- Video Recording with UHD 4K
- 273-Point Hybrid AF System
- Features large 3.2 inches 2.36m-dot rear LCD screen
- Its small and light body makes it easy to handle
- Impressive Touch Screen
- Impressive video capabilities with its Uncropped 4K video
- Incredible battery life
- Fast Autofocus Performance
- No Mirrorless Z-Mount Lenses
- Wireless Interface is Clumsy
- Dual AF systems
- There’s no battery grip available
2. Canon EOS 5D
The EOS 5D DSLR from Canon is unlike any other of its previous models as here you will get some new advanced features that you have never gotten before. If you are looking for the best portrait and landscape DSLR, then you must give a try to Canon EOS 5D a. It is different from other pro cameras and is lightweight because of which you can easily carry it in your backpack wherever you want. Also, it offers extraordinary images so it doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or a pro, this one will go for each situation.
For large prints and image cropping, you will get excellent resolution with its full-frame CMOS sensor of 30.4 MP. Its 4K video with fully manual control offers high-grade and precise video work, also with its selectable frame rates. In addition, you can get grain-free pictures, particularly in low light with its 100-32000 sensitivity range of ISO. You can also successfully control or use this camera for wirelessly transferring pictures remotely via built-in WiFi, NFC, and Bluetooth.
- ISO range of 100-32000
- 30.4 MP full-frame CMOS sensor
- 4K video recording at 30p or 24p
- Continuous shooting speed of up to 7.0 frames each second
- Touch-screen LCD monitor
- High-quality video work
- Speedy Autofocus Performance
- Grain-free pictures even in low lighting
- Best for portrait and landscape pictures
- Slow data transfer speed via the USB port
- Unpleasing LCD screen
3. Canon 90D BODY
Canon has been one of the best brands when it comes to DSLR and with every model, they have shown their consistent performance and even better by including innovative technologies. If you are looking for an all-in-one camera that is capable of performing all sorts of photography perfectly then you should go for Canon 90D BODY. The camera is capable of shooting high-quality 4K 30p/25p videos without cropping the view at a wide angle. It can efficiently capture landscapes, portraits, events, wildlife, sports and so much more than you can imagine. It is a well-built camera that is simple to handle and easy to use.
No other cameras in this range can’t beat the colors and tones that Canon 90D produces and offers. In addition to that their autofocus and general operation are very fast compared to any of the mirrorless cameras from Canon. This Canon 90D is much better than its previous model Canon 80D, where you will get higher resolution along with a much higher frame rate as well. Compared to its earlier model, this Canon 90D is amazing and is up to the mark for any user whether you are a beginner, enthusiast, or pro.
- 32.5 MP APS-C CMOS sensor + Dual Pixel autofocus
- Absolutely articulating 3-inch touchscreen display
- 4K/30p video capture with no crop
- USB 2.0 port along with the Micro USB connector and Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- The image quality, color, highlight, and tone rendition, everything is perfect
- HDR and multiple exposures
- Performs remarkably even in low-light environments
- It can achieve sharp focusing
- It has only one card slot
- Its Low-light AF illuminator fires many flash bursts which are very annoying
Get extraordinary image clarity like never before with this Nikon D850 whose effective megapixels of 45.7 is capable of enhancing the resolution and giving you a high-quality print. The D850 also includes many amazing video features such as un-cropped 4K video, superb dynamic range, focus peaking, etc. In a wide range of environments, this camera helps in increasing sensitivity and versatility with its ISO range of 64 to 25600.
Its optical viewfinder is capable to compose the perfect shot, especially with its wide field of view. In addition to that, the brand has added new innovative new shutter and mirror drive mechanisms in Nikon D850 due to which vibration at the time of shutter release has been reduced. This directly helps in impacting the sharpness of the image while avoiding mechanical vibrations at the same time. The D850 comes with a newly changed grip rubber that feels totally enduring and long-lasting, thus increasing the grip as well.
- ISO range of 64 to 25600
- Effective 45.7 megapixels
- Larger 153-point autofocus (AF) system
- Nearly 7 fps or 9 fps1 high-speed for continuous shooting
- Best image quality
- Better Grip & Rubber
- Packed with advanced features
- Easily portable
- The camera’s body size is big, thus, affecting its handling
- Focusing and sharpness are not up to the mark
- Touchscreen needs some work
Nikon D5600 is light weighted and compact camera with terrific image quality. This sleek camera is capable of easily blending multimedia imaging capabilities with its supremely versatile wireless technology. This DSLR can record full HD 1080p video that let you easily create time-lapse movies in-camera. The combination of its sensor and processor supports continuous shooting up to 5 fps particularly for working with moving subjects.
Its sensor and processor work together for producing an overall high image quality with outstanding detail, color correctness, vibrant range, as well as low-light sensitivity to ISO 25600. Talking about its wireless sharing, you can perform that with Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi with NFC is also available. This will let you share full-resolution photos and movies wirelessly to smartphones or tablets. Its SnapBridge spontaneously switches between the two technologies in order to perform a seamless wireless workflow.
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- SnapBridge application for wireless sharing
- ISO range of 100-25600
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Small and Compact Size
- Offer great image quality
- Live View performance is up to the mark
- SnapBridge system needs some work
- External controls are limited
6. Pentax K-1
For more than 50 years of their existence, Pentax has always been considered one of the top foremost SLR camera manufacturers in the market. This brand has been specifically known for its everlasting innovation and evolution. In order to maintain its good name in the market, Pentax has been offering a wide range of amazing DSLR cameras to its users that has always been appreciated. Among those lineups, one of the popular ones is a 35mm full-frame digital SLR camera titled Pentax K-1.
The Pentax K-1 has been a highly acclaimed DSLR from the Pentax K series. Though, it features Pentax’s traditional body design i,e. durable and compact but it comes with new innovative and high-resolution technologies that can make your photography experience to the next level. In this camera, you will also get an entirely environment-resistant imaging system, along with a weather-resistant lens that will help you to shoot in any climatic condition or surroundings.
- 35mm full-frame CMOS image sensor
- CMOS Size: 35.9 x 24.0 (mm)
- Hold out 300,000 shutter releases
- Cold-resistant construction of -10°C
- Exterior casing made of extremely firm, lightweight magnesium alloy
- Top sensitivity of ISO 204800
- Delivers high-resolution images at high-sensitivity settings
- The highly durable shutter unit
- The extra rigidity and durable body
- K-1 assures high performance even at freezing temperature
- Large and useful LCD screen
- Battery performance drops with the fall in temperature
- The control customization is limited
- There’s no dedicated AF point selector
7. Canon EOS REBEL SL3
The Canon EOS REBEL SL3 is an excellent choice for beginner or intermediate photography. The camera features a standard zoom lens and is a compact & lightweight DSLR camera that is easy to carry everywhere. Its accurate autofocus and image processor are amazingly good. Additionally, it also comes with a wide range of compatibility with the canon EF as well as EFS lenses.
This is a versatile DSLR that offers a perfect mix of stills well as video capabilities. The camera comes with a 24.1MP APS-C-format CMOS sensor along with the DIGIC 8 image processor that offers high sensitivity and very fast camera performance. The EOS REBEL SL3 also supports UHD 4K24p video recording and also Full HD and HD recording as well. The camera can work efficiently in different lighting conditions due to its wide ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range. In addition to that, a 9-point phase-detection autofocus system also offers fast and precise focusing even in challenging lighting conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- UHD 4K Video Recording
- 9-Point Phase-Detection Autofocus
- Features 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor along with DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- Large 3.0-inch 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD
- Outstanding ‘guide’ mode for the beginners
- Impressive battery life
- Totally articulating rear touchscreen
- Feature-rich camera
- A lot of features are only live view
- 4K video has some restrictions
8. Canon EOS Rebel T7i
The Canon EOS Rebel T7i features a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor together with the DIGIC 7 image processor that helps in delivering high sensitivity along with fast camera performance which can easily suit both stills as well as video applications. Its large touchscreen LCD of 3.0″ offers a spontaneous technique for many actions such as controlling the focusing points, navigating menus, as well as reviewing images,s and so on.
Its built-in Wi-Fi along with the NFC lets you have very easy wireless sharing of photos as well as movies to your smartphone. This camera also features an assistant user interface because of which you can easily get guided regarding the specific camera modes as well as its different features. The processor is also quite a fast offering a 6 fps continuous shooting rate for photographing some very fast-moving subjects.
- 24.2 Megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor together with DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- 45-Point All Cross-Type AF
- 3.0 inch 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD
- Built-In Wi-Fi
- Easy and Manageable Interface
- Offers smooth and fast focusing performance
- The large touchscreen offers excellent control
- Remarkable image quality
- It gives more of a plastic finish feel
- The dynamic range is not up to the mark
9. Pentax K-70
While offering many controls and features at an affordable price range, the Pentax K-70 is far better than its predecessors. This DSLR model from Pentax comes with better build quality and control. The camera features an advanced feature set and is popular for its multimedia capabilities. It can also give great results for low-light shooting, and its well-built design makes it more durable.
It is a very easy-to-handle design, and along with that it also features a dust-freeze-weather-resistant design that can easily operate in many different working conditions. The K-70 built-in Wi-Fi also lets you have easy wireless image sharing. In addition to that, you also get remote camera control from a smartphone very easily.
- 3.0″ 921k-dot LCD
- 24.24 Megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor
- 11-point multi-pattern AF system
- Standard ISO of 100 to 102400
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Full HD 1080p Video and 4K Interval Recording
- Affordable price
- Superb and vibrant image quality
- ISO performance is excellent
- Its dynamic range is up to the mark
- For some people, the saturation and contrast might be very high
- The buffer clearing is a bit slow
10. Nikon D3500
The D3500 DSLR model from Nikon is a versatile and compact design which makes it more flexible and spontaneous. It is very easy to use along with offering high-quality pictures and videos through the efficient combined work of its sensor and processor. The body of the Nikon D3500 is lightweight and has approximately all of the rear controls available at the right side of the grip that enables more relaxed one-handed control.
This DSLR camera also comes with HD 1080p movie recording as well as a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 5 fps, enabling high speed. With this camera, you will get high image quality due to its apt AF system that consists of 11 distinct AF points for rapidly obtaining focus in a range of lighting conditions.
- 24.2 Megapixel DX-Format Sensor with EXPEED 4 Processor
- Max Resolution is 24 MP (6000 x 4000)
- 3-inch 921k-dot LCD
- EN-EL14a Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Best image quality
- Very useful for the beginners
- Autofocus is quick to respond
- It has a fixed rear screen
- Comparatively, it has a slow live-view AF
DSLR Cameras Buying Guide
While purchasing or buying a DSLR, people often make mistakes that they regret afterward. After buying a DSLR, people usually complain about the picture not coming right, the size too big, and certain specs not being up to the mark. In order to avoid the entire dilemma, you should know all about the right way to buy a compatible DSLR for you. These points may help you to get your ideal DSLR.
- Price – First thing that we check before buying a DSLR is its price. If you are a budgeted consumer and have a limited budget, then what kind of camera you should purchase? Well, if you go to a store, you’ll find DSLR cameras at prices ranging from lower to the highest. You can opt. for the camera that’s within your budget and meets your requirements. The cost of the camera is not only decided by its body but there are many other parts of the camera that decides its post-price. Parts such as Lenses, Memory cards, batteries, Camera bags, filters, and most important the warranty. This may make the price of the camera go up.
- Use – Secondly, the most important thing that will help you in your purchase is the purpose for which you’ll be buying a DSLR. Every DSLR has its own quality and purpose. Some DSLRs are good at scenic photography while some are good at sports. So, it’s up to you what kind of photography you want to do. You can choose the camera accordingly.
- Size – Size can play a vital role in photography. Some may find a compact DSLR way too light while some may find a big DSLR heavy and immobile. So, you should look for an ideal size that will help you with your photography.
- Resolution – Resolution is also a very important factor to decide the type of camera you need to purchase. If you’re preferring photographs on large prints then you should go for a highly specialized camera that emphasizes resolution. If you are looking for small prints then it’s not necessary to purchase a specialized camera to get fewer megapixels. You can purchase a basic DSLR for that work.
- Upgrades – The DSLR that you should opt for. for must have a scope for future upgrades. It’s a waste if you purchase a DSLR and it does not have any upgrades. As upgrades help in increasing the quality of photography. So, it should be necessary to go for a DSLR with upcoming updates.
There are some other features also that you must look at before buying a DSLR such as Sensor size, burst mode, ISO rating, maximum shutter speed, LCD size, Dust protection, Flash, and Anti-shake. These factors may lead you to the perfect photography that you desire.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1: What other accessories should I purchase after buying the camera?
Answer: You must have a decent well-designed camera bag for holding your DSLR and at least two lenses. A good lens cleaning kit also helps in keeping your gear clean, so you must have it. An extra camera battery and memory card are also must-have tools that you should purchase. If you are into landscape and night photography, then you must buy a good, sturdy tripod for a better experience and good-quality images.
Question 2: Do higher megapixels cameras produces better image quality?
Answer: People nowadays buy cameras that have more megapixels as it is considered to give better image quality. But, this is not correct as the sharpness of the image has nothing related to the higher number of pixels. However, a beginner must not worry about the megapixels as most pro landscape photographers or bird photographers consider using a higher number of megapixels and it only matters in professional photography.
Photography is the art of taking pictures, however, a good knowledge of its gears and pieces of equipment can lead to a highly skilled and efficient output. A decent DSLR is capable of producing the best image quality that every photographer tends to get every time. Therefore, to help you out we have given you the top ten DSLR cameras list that will not only help out beginners but also many enthusiasts and pros to make the right for them. If you have any questions related to our list then feel free to ask us in our comment section below.